Rishi Sunak, after getting votes from around 200 Members of Parliament, will be now the third Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and the first Indian-origin Prime Minister.
By becoming the first-ever Indian-origin Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, he created history.
As Rishi said in his first speech, his utmost priority would be to bring the United Kingdom and his party together. He also issued a plea for unity to face a profound economic challenge.
“I pledge that I will serve you with integrity and humility; and I will work day in, day out to deliver for the British people,” Rishi Sunak said in a brief statement.
Here are some of the facts about Rishi Sunak
- He is the first Indian-origin Prime Minister if Britain
- First Cabinet Minister to take oath on Bhagwad Gita
- Rishi Sunak is fond of playing cricket, he plays cricket to keep himself fit
- He attended both Stanford University and the University of Oxford
- He is known as the richest MP
- He once said that he never wanted to be Prime Minister