Luxury Trains in India
Let’s talk about luxury trains in India. Which public transport do you feel is the most comfortable for traveling? If the answer is railways, then Kudos! India has the largest rail network in the world then. Why not make it the most convenient one? Undoubtedly, the railway is the prime choice for most middle-class households in India. It is a beautiful way of networking with people from different originations to the same destination. Today is the era of superfast express trains that have attracted even the upper class.
Let us explore some of the luxurious trains in India that serve the purpose of both comfort and class to the customers.
1. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels:
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels is the gem of India on wheels. It delivers extensive service through the state of Rajasthan. The intramurals of the train will give you glimpses of royal Rajasthan walking on wheels. The train is operational during the autumn and winter seasons, from October to March. This rail journey is a tour in itself.
- The fare ranges from INR 50,000 to 80,000 per head.
- It takes you through the city of lakes, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, Khajuraho, Sarnath, Ranthambore, coming back to New Delhi.
- The general duration of the tour lasts for seven days and eight nights.
- The train has two exclusive restaurant coaches, Sheesh Mahal and the Swarn Mahal coach. The beauty of these coaches is no less than any western restaurant. Both the coaches adorn with lamps, crystals, and gems that give you the royal essence of Rajasthan.
- The significant attractions of the tour include Hawa Mahal, Chittorgarh Fort, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Jag Niwas, etc. The trip is a beautiful compilation of India’s wildlife, heritage, and culture.
2. The Golden Chariot:
Golden Chariot is a great way to explore the heart of India- South India. It has nineteen coaches colored in purple and golden and eleven guest coaches to honor the guests. The train provides the passengers with luxurious amenities, collaborating with the aura of Nala restaurant while traveling. If this is not enough to comfort you with the rich experience, it also offers exotic drinks to its passengers en route. It has a lounge bar – Madira to make the passengers relax and reduce their burden of hectic schedules. It is a great initiative to glorify tourism by the Karnataka State Tourism Development.
- It has a centralized air conditioning mechanism with a private bath and padded beds.
- It has luxurious interiors taking you through the beauty of Karnataka.
- It also has LCD screens in each room with a satellite connection to add to your journey.
- The charges of the train may vary from Rs. 3,50,000.
- It covers the prominent cities of South India, namely, Bangalore, Chennai, Pondicherry, Thanjavur, Madurai, Kanyakumari, Kochi, Alleppey, and Mahabalipuram.
3. Palace on Wheels:
Palace on Wheels is undoubtedly the walking palace. The first journey took place on 26th January 1982. It offers royal hospitality to the passengers. It was India’s first high-class train offering world-class facilities. It has twenty-three coaches in total that cater to the names of pre-independence Rajputana States. It was officially made for the Nizam of Hyderabad, rulers of the Rajput clan, rulers of Gujarat, and the British Viceroy to serve their exclusive requirements.
- It has rich fabric and a hospitable staff.
- It offers luxurious bathrooms and individual pantries to cater to one’s tastes.
- It is operational from September to November.
- The route includes Delhi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Swai Madhopur, Jaisalmer, Chittorgarh, Bharatpur, Jodhpur, and Agra, providing a tour to the historical Rajputana dynasty.
- The tour may cost from INR 50,000 to 5 00,000 per head.
- It is an eight-day and seven-night trip.
- The significant attraction of the package is that you get personal attendants on board.
4. Maharajas’ Express:
The Maharajas’ Express is a significant epitome of Indian heritage and culture. It offers a wide range of seven Indian Itineraries. It delivers the very essence of peace to its customers. The passengers acknowledge the luxurious experience in every form. It has a dining hall with a seating capacity of forty-two passengers. It also gives you the facility of a lounge bar. It occupies Mayur Mahal and Rang Mahal as the dining halls and Safari Bar for the royal passengers.
- It has a centralized air conditioning system with a private bath.
- It provides every room with a separate writing desk and padded beds.
- The interiors demarcate the royal Indian infrastructure.
- It has an LCD television with a satellite connection and offers the passengers direct-dial phones, which embark its comfort.
- The average duration of the trip may vary from four days and three nights to ten days and nine nights, depending on the route you wish to take.
- The average cost may vary from INR 2,50,000 to 4,50,000, approximately.
- It is functional from October to April.
- The routes may vary from the endowment of India to Gems of India, and Indian Panorama, giving you an exhilarating experience of the prominent Indian cities.
5. The Deccan Odyssey:
The Deccan Odyssey appears to be a 5-star hotel on wheels. It passes through the hinterlands of Maharashtra to boost tourism. It has offers deluxe facilities to its passengers with forty deluxe air-conditioned coaches. The interiors of the train represent the courage and bravery of the Maratha Kingdom.
- It has two presidential suites and special services for disabled guests.
- It has a beauty parlor, restaurant bar, spa, conference room, internet connectivity, and other premium services.
- It follows many routes, starting from the Indian odyssey route leading from New Delhi to Mumbai and covering Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Agra, Udaipur, Vadodra, and Ellora Caves. You can also follow jewels of the Deccan route going from Mumbai, Bijapur, Aihole, Pattadakal, Hampi, Ellora Caves, and Ajanta Caves. The other routes might follow the hidden treasures of Gujarat, covering the prominent cities of Gujarat and Maharashtra. There is also the Indian sojourn route, Maharashtra splendor route, and Maharashtra wild trial route, which you can choose.
- The fare charges may start from INR 3,70,000, approximately for one person.
- It is functional from October to April.
- The trip may last up to eight days and seven nights.
The above information is the top 5 luxurious trains in India. It promotes Indian heritage through the pieces on the trains. Travel through glorious destinations; these are beautiful trains give the traveler an everlasting experience of Indian art and culture. The murals, paintings, and gem work on the walls of the trains keep you wonderstruck by the beauty of our nation. It is an unforgettable experience. It feels like a complete tour of the major Indian cities with all facilities. It won’t make you feel like you are traveling on a train. It is a world-class expedition. So, are you ready to go onboard?