Future of Online Education in India
In this digital era, the introduction of online education has drastically changed the dynamics of the Indian education system. Students are the pilgrim of their nation, and education makes the base of these pilgrims strong. Education is important not only for the career of a child but also in shaping students’ personalities.
The rise of the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a lockdown across the globe. It led every school, college, university, and coaching institute to shut down.
As a result, every school, college, etc., had to ditch the traditional classroom method and adopt an online education model. Before we see the importance of the online education system, let us understand what online education is.
What is online education?
E-learning involves teaching students virtually through an electronic device with the availability of the internet on such devices. The online education model provides an opportunity for every student to learn at any place from anywhere. In short Online education means learning made digital. In such online classes, the provision of notes, submission of projects and reports, and other activities are held in classes digitally.
Online education is proving to be more effective since it allows students to voice their opinions and views in a group, making students more active and outspoken as they become more interactive. These online classes are held through various apps like zoom, google meet, etc. The visit allows the students to learn a lot through such virtual classes. Thus this new reform in the Indian Education system has made access to knowledge easy and learning quicker.
The introduction of online classes has given The Digital India Movement a new face. To understand the significance of e-education and India’s future for it, we must first consider the following advantages of online education.
Read More : businesscommunityindia.
Advantages of Online education system
1. Get easy access: With the introduction of e-education, students have easy access to knowledge. Earlier it was difficult for students from different cities or rural areas to attend universities, colleges, or coaching institutes. But now, education is accessible to everyone on the tip of their finger. Therefore the students no longer need to migrate from their homes to urban cities for education purposes.
2. Less cost : Introduction of Education via online mode has also helped reduce education expenses. Digital learning has eased the students by significantly reducing accommodation costs. The students no longer need to move out and stay in hostels or as paying guests thus, resulting in less cost. Also, e-learning results in less paper usage since it does everything digitally, thereby reducing expenditure incurred on books and papers.
3. Quality in education: In the traditional classroom, the students were taught on a blackboard with the same boring techniques, but during online classes, the students are offered teachings through presentations and video examples, making the learning more easy, interesting. According to new research, it has been stated these interesting teaching methods make students more attentive and grasp knowledge more easily.
4. Time management: Another key advantage for students with online education is easy time management. The students can study at their convenience on their preferred schedule since the most prominent issue students face in employment is the over-lapping schedule of their job and coaching classes. Online education provides aid as students are also provided with options of recorded classes that can be viewed by them anywhere and at any time.
5. A shortage of teaching staff: India has always faced a shortage of eligible and qualified teachers. Through the e-education system, many students can be taught by a single teacher at a particular time. Many teaching institutes have already adapted to online teaching mode.
6. Easy availability of documents: Studying online also offers easy maintenance and availability of records. The students can submit their reports or projects in pdf formats, thereby avoiding procrastination attitude among students.
7. Ecological system: The online education system is ecological as it boycotts the wastage of paper. This education technique is eco-friendly in every approach. While learning online, the requirement of books, copies, etc., is comparatively low.
8. Saves time: One no longer needs to hustle to reach schools or classes at a particular time. An online class not only save time but also provides a stress-free learning environment. The students are no longer required to travel every day; instead, they can utilize the time saved accordingly.
9. Adding more skills: To learn online, every student has to learn about the technology and other factors responsible for the digital classes. This leads to allowing students to explore the new applications and digital platforms
Hence, resulting in enhances the student’s skills by learning new things. The students will become independent learners with updated information.
10. Learn at your own pace: Every child is unique in his way, and so are his capabilities. An individual no longer needs to study to stay on the same level as other people. The children are no longer required to keep pace with the ongoing class.
With the availability of recorded lectures and important keynotes during class, children will be able to learn as and when they want with no peer pressure of lagging.
Future of Online Education
Flexibility is one of the best features of digital platforms. A majority of students prefer e-learning or distance education. These classes are provided with additional features such as recorded class, saved notes, etc. Hence, a student can manage both job and studies together.
The leap in teaching method from physically teaching in a classroom to being a virtual class or college with no existing walls or physical place has been revolutionary. Virtual universities and teaching institutes are being introduced rapidly in India.
Byjus, Whitehat jr, upGrad are some companies that have introduced teaching through apps in India that provide learning online. These companies have chosen to teach digitally against the traditional classroom approach.
E-learning and teaching platforms are flexible, accessible, inclusive, and updated. The future of online education in India will exist for a long time. Soon, online learning might be more advanced than it seems now.
Every student has their individual needs and demands. Therefore, the students must choose between the classroom and online learning at their convenience. With the advancement of science and technology, we will be able to accomplish much more advancement in the online education sector.