Top 10 Highest Wicket Takers in IPL Indian Premier League
Indian Premier League is the highest-grossing cricket league across the globe, with ten Indian teams, and contributes significantly to the GDP of India. The 20-20 format of IPL makes it the best cricket championship globally. The craze and fun of the Indian Premier League are on another level. The players gain enormous exposure playing IPL and experience the spirit of sportsmanship amongst themselves. However, only two players have won the Most Valuable Player award in the journey of the Indian Premier League. Do you know about the top 10 highest wicket-takers in IPL? What makes them distinct from others? Let us explore the following list to understand.
- DJ Bravo: Dwayne John Bravo is the former captain of the West Indies cricket team and plays all-rounder for Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League. In IPL, Dwayne Bravo has taken 171 wickets; he is the highest wicket-taker. This glory came to his name in the face between Lucknow Super Giants and Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2022. Cherished by the skipper and other teammates, Bravo has officially become the grandfather of IPL. He is 37 years young and plays a lot of leagues, amongst which the Indian Premier League is his favorite.
- SL Malinga:Sreparamadu Lasith Malinga is a former Sri-Lankan Cricketer and one of the finest right-arm fast bowlers. He creates a new record; he has taken four wickets in four balls twice. He is also known as the yorker king for his wicket-taking techniques in death overs. The thirty-eight-year-old Sri-Lankan cricketer made his IPL debut in 2009. Malinga is the second-highest wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League, with about 170 wickets, in his name. He used to play for Mumbai Indians. However, he took retirement from all forms of cricket in September 2021.
- Amit Mishra: Amit Mishra is a thirty-nine-year-old Indian cricketer. He began his IPL career in 2008 for Delhi Capitals. In 2013, and played for Sunrisers Hyderabad and took a hat trick against Rising Pune Supergiants. He then became the only cricketer in IPL history to take three hat-tricks. He has played for different franchises in the Indian Premier League, including Sunrisers Hyderabad, Deccan Chargers, and Delhi Capitals. He is the third-highest wicket-taker in the Indian Premier League, with 166 wickets in 154 matches.
- Piyush Chawla: Piyush Chawla is an Indian leg-spinning all-rounder. He played his first international match in the Under-19 group against England. The Indian Premier League has played for Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Night Riders. He is the fourth-highest wicket-taker in IPL. He played around 165 matches, and he took 157 wickets. In IPL 2020, Chennai Super Kings bought Piyush Chawla. In IPL 2021, Mumbai Indians bought him. However, in 2022, the thirty-three-year-old player remained unsold. He is a right-arm spinner and a left-handed batsman. He scored 584 runs in his IPL career.
- Yuzvendra Chahal: Yuzvendra Chahal is a former chess player and an Indian Cricketer. He is a right arm, leg-break bowler, and one of the highest wicket-takers in the Indian Premier League. He made his IPL debut with Mumbai Indians. He also has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians, and Rajasthan Royals.
Yuzvendra Chahal has played 14 league games for RCB. He later became an essential part of Royal Challengers Bangalore securing 44 wickets for the team. His significant contribution to the team was his wicket-taking. He became one of the fastest bowlers to take 150 wickets. It took him 118 matches to claim 150 wickets against Lucknow Super Giants.
- Harbhajan Singh: Harbhajan Singh is a former Indian Cricketer and a member of the Rajya Sabha. He made his Indian Premier League debut with Mumbai Indians and was a part of the franchise for the initial ten years. Harbhajan is a right-arm off-spin bowler, an all-rounder, and is one of the highest wicket-takers in IPL history. He has 150 wickets in 163 matches to his name. He also has 833 runs in the Indian Premier League to his name. Stating his IPL journey, he has been a part of Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, and Kolkata Knight Riders. His aura and experience make him a wise choice for each IPL franchise.
- Sunil Narine: Indian Origin, West-Indies player Sunil Narine is one of the best cricketers in the world. Sunil is an all-rounder player who never fails to spread the magic with his bat and ball. He is also an opener for the Kolkata Knight Riders, with a strike rate of about 180. He is a right-arm off-spinner and a left-handed batsman. He made his IPL debut in 2012 with Kolkata Knight Riders and has 970 runs to his name in his IPL journey. He has taken 147 wickets in his 139 IPL Matches. What makes him distinct from other players is his ability to confuse the batsman with his spin. He never fails to give his best to the franchise’s success.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar: Bhuvneshwar Kumar is an Indian Cricket Player with the enormous capacity to swing the new ball. He is a right-arm medium-pace bowler who never fails to deliver in the starting overs. The thirty-two-year-old made his IPL debut in 2009 with Sunrisers Hyderabad, and his best practices include 5/19 against Kings XI Punjab in 2017. He has taken 146 wickets and 220 runs in 136 matches to his name. He is the biggest threat to the opening batsmen and has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Pune Warriors, and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Ravichandran Ashwin: He is an Indian bowling all-rounder, right-arm off-spin bowler, and a right-handed batsman. His wisdom and skill make him quintessential for each team. In the Indian Premier League history, he is one of the highest wicket-takers. He has 146 wickets and 475 runs in 171 IPL matches. He played his maiden IPL match for Chennai Super Kings against Mumbai Indians in 2008.
- Jasprit Bumrah: Jasprit Bumrah, also known as Jasprit Jasbir Singh Bumrah, is the first Asian cricketer to take five wickets in a South-South test match between Africa, Australia, and England. He is a right-arm medium-pace bowler with a distinct style of yorker delivery. He is India’s No.1 bowler in all formats and is one of the leading wicket-takers in the Indian Premier League. He has 134 wickets in his name in 111 IPL matches. He made his IPl debut in 2013 against Royal Challengers Bangalore at 19 years of age.
Indian Premier Leaguehttps://www.iplt20.com/ has a fan following, not only in India but across the globe. The love and support the overseas players get in the Indian Premier League is unmatchable. It gives them a chance to endorse their ability and take great memories home. Some overseas players even have the purest relationship with India. Australian cricketer Glen Maxwell has married Indian-origin Vinni Raman, and Mr 360, AB de Villiers, calls India his second home and himself as forever RCBian. It is the warmth that India gives them. The winner or the loser does not matter in the game. Yet, it is the diversity of Indian culture that binds them all.
Read More Articles: